Interaction and interface design
We design how the information will be structured, and prototype the interface of your website, web application, intranet, e-shop, portal, or desktop software.
In a similar way, we can design your application, and other forms or processes for servicing customers.
The typical price is about €5 000 for a medium-sized website, including building an information architecture, preparing a non-functional prototype, testing the prototype with users, and preparing the interface development specification.
The typical price in other currencies (may vary based on exchange rate):
- USD - about $6 700.
- GBP - about £4 500.
- BGN - about 10 000.
Deliverables will vary depending on the scope of the project. The typical set includes:
- User profiles in the form of personas,
- Information architecture,
- A non-functional static prototype (wireframes) or an interactive mock-up,
- Summary of the results of testing the prototype,
- Specification of the interface and its behavior, complete with captions, menus, button labels, in-built user instructions, and messages.
We will work with your visual design and development team during the implementation of the design. We know that no design can be perfect and there are many changes that need to be made based on various constraints that show up during the development phase. We will update the architecture, prototype, and specification as necessary.
If you do not have a web design agency, visual designer, or software developer for your project, we can put you in contact with our partnering organizations.
When to order?
Consider requesting our design services when:
- You are launching a product or service and the website or software will be prepared by a third party. You can request our design services before selecting a developer, and then use our deliverables as tender documents.
- You have software development expertise and resources but do not have interaction designers on your team.
- Your team has interface and interaction design experience but you need a fresh opinion or additional hands on a project.
Design is a creative activity involving numerous reworks, so it is hard to provide a typical schedule. We will give you an estimate when we get familiar with the project and will report our progress on a daily or weekly basis. We will also update the schedule based on our progress.
Our approach to design is aimed at bringing maximum effect at minimum cost and effort.
The typical design process has 7 steps:
- Goal. Discuss with you the business goals of the product, and the needs of users.
- Users. Define user personas and their interaction flow through the product. Identify 'red routes' – the critical and the most frequent activities.
- Brainstorm. Generate possible solutions for the different design problems. We strongly encourage clients to participate.
- Prototype interfaces and overall structure of information.
- Receive client feedback.
- Test the prototype with users.
- Modify and fine-tune the prototype.
- Spec. Specify the behavior of the various interface elements.
- Delivery. Submit and present the design.
- Implementation. Work with your graphical designers, developers, and testers during the implementation.
Confidentiality and Publicity
We keep the results confidential. We will not announce that we are working on a specific project unless you want us to do it.
We may use some of the findings, with your explicit permission, in our publications or presentations. We may also request your permission to prepare a case study and use it for marketing and PR purposes for the shared benefit of you as a client and Lucrat as a service provider.
How to order?
Contact Lucrat by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (359 2) 48 33 957 to ask for more information, to request this service, or to discuss your needs with a consultant.